Who should do this course?
* Year 11 students preparing for Year 12 (final year of High School).
* Year 12 students looking for higher academic scores.
* First year university students wanting to improve English literature grades.
* English Second Language or English Foriegn Language students wondering whether they would be comfortable in mainstream English courses.
* Interested persons who enjoy reading poetry!
By the end of this course students will be able to:
1) Respond to poetry by describing the thoughts and feelings contemplating a poem inspires in them.
2) Discuss features of a poem using the technical language of literary criticism
3) Read, analyse and respond briefly to a number of poems from a suggested list.
4) Organise, construct and write a short poetry review essay.
Status: On now